Highscore list (entering a new highscore)

Home Forums Vectorblade beta test Highscore list (entering a new highscore)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hcmffm
    Spectator

Beta 20

New highscore: Shooting a letter

Currently, when shooting a letter to enter the initials, the initial is added and nothing else happens.
    Suggestion: The shot letter might explode. Or the shot letter might move to the appropriate position. Or…

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by hcmffm.
    Malban
    Keymaster

Yea, right would be nice.

I add it to the “flower” to do section 🙂

hcmffm
    Spectator

EDIT: Changed the subject of the original topic to “Highscore list (entering a new highscore)” to make this topic more common and match its posts.

The moving of letters to the correct position looks good. Thank you very much for adding the animation, Malban!

May I ask you Malban for something? Anytime the player achieves a new high score, his initials stay for the next time he gets again to the high score wheel.

Highscores do not happen to often but this would indeed a nice feature. I guess one has to have a look at old highscore screens to see how that worked back in the old day of video arcade machines.
    EDIT: I think “OK” needs to be added: By default the player shoots on “OK”. When shooting on “OK”, the current digit is confimred. When all three chars are entered, shooting on “OK” confirms the entered initials.

“Bug”: Wrong letter
    The current problem I have are wrong letters: When shooting a letter and then moving on to the next character, the wrong char is hit. E.g. when shooting at “H” and then directly moving on to “M” a “J” is entered (and not the “H”). This is sort of correct but not what the player wants.
    Did this occur to other testers, too?

Confirmation at end
    Currently, the highscore entering is finished as soon as you add the third character. If you have chosen a wrong last character you have no option to correct it.
    Suggestion: There should be an “OK” character to confirm the initials (this is standard in video arcades).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by hcmffm.
    Hurray Banana
    Spectator

Agree with the ED or END character for finalising entry

Malban
    Keymaster

a) as somewhere else, it is now implemented, that the default initials are from the score that is replaced

b) button 3 confirms current letter

c) says so in the help 🙂

d) The letter that you shoot is selected. The shot flies straight up. Not going to change.

c) I have seen it also very often in arcade and also “arcade like” computer games, that the last letter ends the input sequence.

I will not add an “end” or the like. What I “could” do as a compromise – that I not end with the last letter, but with a differen button press.

(Button 1 end, Button 2 nothing, Button 3 keep current letter, Button 4 shoot).

Might that be a solution?

(Also as Flowering goes -> the shot letters now fly to their destination!)

Malban
    Keymaster

Been playing a bit.

It’s really a bit annoying, if the character you are trying to shoot – changes after the shot.

What do you think about not being able to move the letter as long as a shot is in the air?

That way you wouldn’t be able to miss…

Also highlighting the selected letter might be a good idea…

GeoAnas
    Spectator

I have also noticed some kind of annoying “letter shifting” when trying to insert my initials. After playing some rounds, I got used to this.

What do you think about not being able to move the letter as long as a shot is in the air?

Also highlighting the selected letter might be a good idea…

Fine by me! Certainly both your ideas will help a lot.

nic_lobo
    Spectator

highlighting is a good idea

Hurray Banana
    Spectator

Not moving once shot is a good idea

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Vectorblade beta test’ is closed to new topics and replies.