I can’t concentrate well today – so I will call it quits “early”.
Things done today:
- adopted code from “player.*”
- adopted code from “dod.*”
- adopted code from “dodgame.*”
- adopted partial code from “osLink.*”
- adopted partial code from “dungeon.*”
- I compiled (and got it to run) for reference purposes a linux version of dod
- built two “utility” programs to extract data from the original source
- I extracted most “sprites” from those “string-streams”
- the dungeon levels are built in RAM location by the original game, since one level is 1024 bytes large, this is not possible with the vectrex.
There are two ways to handle this:
a) built only the portion that is needed NOW
b) built the level data in advance and use it from ROM
- for now I chose to do “b)” and built level data in ROM.
But this probably means I will not have a random dungeon feature
I will see how this goes, if everything else works, I might go back to the idea of “ad hoc” dungeon generation