I am sure every programmer has these in his drawer somewhere.
Here are some of mine:
A project started after I finished VFrogger – about 20 years ago.
Supposed to be a rogue like on vectrex.
- a smooth scrolling 3d labyrinth from ego perspective,
- sampled sound,
- monsters clipped at the edge of the labyrinth,
- a map
C-Project also about 20 years old – started – not finished. Still – it is part of Vide 2.0 C – demos.
I did only work a couple of hours on this one – nonetheless – the source still exists and it looks kind of “exotic”. It was supposed to be “pitfall” related and uses the 3d-imager. I didn’t want to do 3d – I wanted to use the imager to do a colored game. There were no real “difficulties” – I just stopped – and never started again.
One of the newer ones. It began as a demo for C – and it probably stays that.
Three tentative “levels” were done – last of which the “canabalt” level. But I doubt I will finish this one. It was more a study what can be done in “C” – and I am very positive – that good games CAN be done programming “C”.
Another one of those “C” things that sprang to live and weren’t finished. Programming in “C” is so much faster 🙂 – you can do small demos in a couple of hours!
Poor thing – even did not get a proper name.
There are a couple of things “open” that I should do next – but I am kind of worn out. I am atm sick at home and not actually to inspired to do work – or hobby stuff.
Following things which are still unfinished (or not even started) – but which are planned for the next couple of (weeks/months?):
- Vectrex Project
- Arkos Tracker 2 player AKY, others might follow
- V4E “loading” for Vide
- 16K new Bankswitching scheme (VecFever)
- enhance Vecx emulation to do more “capacitorial” stuff
- enhance debugging (yes – still more can be done, persistent breakpoints, vcd support, cycle based watches…)
- finalize Vide 2.0 (with or without above stuff)
- bring documentation up to date
- build a mega vectrex with the arcade monitor I got
- dig deeper into VPatrol – who knows what else is in there to learn :-9
- and so on…
But now? Now I am going to reboot my Mac to Windows 7 (*shudder*) and take a stroll in Skyrim – still love that game.
And if anyone is interested – the best Video on you tube for that matter: