Downloadable Vectorblade versions

Home Forums Vectorblade beta test Downloadable Vectorblade versions

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 523 total)
  • Author
    hcmffm
    Spectator

Thank you, Chris, for your long and detailed explanations. Everything is clarified including the “Bug”. The explanation regarding the bug sounds VERY plausible – the two bugs shoot three shots each makes up six shots, altogether. I saw four shots, only, three shots on the right underneath the bugs and one shot in the middle. So no more issues from my side. 🙂

EDIT: Please note that this post is refering to RC6 – not to the gold edition. I’ll test the gold edition in the coming days and will report bugs but nothing else. Promised! 😉

Jerome Vince
    Spectator

Hi Guys,

I tested the RC6.

Before all:

@Chris:  Thank You for your brilliant work and all the precisions you gave in your last messages. 😊
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>@Helmut: thank you for your suggestions, ideas and last tests!👍🏻</p>
    About the VB RC6 – (VF version): Honestly i did not find a bug or a problem. Nothing to add, all is good for me.

I can’t wait to test the VB-Gold now!

Cheers,

Jerome

Jerome Vince
    Spectator

Crash on VB Gold 1 VF:

Hi,

I got a crash this morning on the “load” screen;

The circumstances: I saved the game with the RC6 yesterday. Today, on the “load” screen (VB Gold1 VF) i got a crash pushing the button 4.

(@ Chris: I can make a little video if you want)

Cheers,

Jerome

Malban
    Keymaster

Save games between different versions can crash.

If this is the only circumstance – I am not worried.

Reason for this is… even if the slightest changes happen to the binary – ROM addresses change. Since I work with pointers to ROM location in RAM, the pointers are nearly NEVER compatible between different versions -> and thus crash.

You can only experience this kind of behavior with VecFever versions, because only in VecFever you “keep” ave games between versions.

Jerome Vince
    Spectator

Problem solved after a Reset + New Save 😊

Malban
    Keymaster

Another of those questions:

Following I’d like to post on my blog.
    More or less what VTK suggested.

Any thoughts on that?

I have been pondering on how to sell Vectorblade. Since I limited myself to 100 copies (+ a few spare ones) it just may happen, that not everyone who wants to buy a copy can get a copy.

Some games do not sell well, even if only a few are made available (sadly some of “Der Luchs” games come to mind).

Some other games sell hundreds of copys (Kristof Tuts games e.g.).

My personal expectation actually is, that I could sell more than 100, but as explained many times before – I am not willing to produce more.

I WILL however place everything I did for Vectorblade into the public domain like:
    – the artwork of Jacek Selanski (unless he changed his mind)
    (box art/overlay)
    – instructions/diary
    – source code and binaries (for flash PCBs and VecFever)
    – Vide project and vectorlists
    – EAGLE / gerber files / bom to produce the PCBs
    – music and sound pieces done by VTK
    – detailed instructions for building everything

Sooo – even if you miss out on a copy of Vectorblade from me, you can do your own – or perhaps somebody else will.

Order procedure:

a) write to vide AT malban DOT de, that you would like to buy a copy
    b) provide a valid email address
    c) provide a “pseudonym” / “alias”
    (the alias might be used publically to list who is interested)
    d) orders are “open” till August 31 (end of day, Berlin Time)
    e) if I don’t get 100 orders, I might “open” for longer
    f) if I get more than 100 orders, I will randomly select the people who will receive a copy
    g) there are a couple of friends/acquaintances who will receive copies non randomly (about 10-20)
    h) every one will receive only one copy max (unless you trick me convincingly)
    i) cost: 80€ per copy + whatever postage fee to deliver the game to your country/address
    j) after closing the order window, I will write to the recipience an email about the actual costs (including postage)
    k) payment will be done via paypal (or if you live near Düsseldorf cash), preferably family/friends (if you don’t trust me – don’t order)
    l) once I receive payment, I will send the game within a couple of days
    m) I have all materials here beside me, Vectorblade has gone “gold” this week, final testing is being done, if everything goes right I will have 100 complete boxed and finished games next to me within a week!
    (I actually only have to flash the proms with the last version and place them on the pcb)

Chris

vtk
    Spectator

your system sounds good Malban yep,
    actually there’s something i just thought of which i didn’t think of previously;

mention that you either are, or are not responsible for covering the costs (refund), of any games which go missing in the mail.. if it’s the latter, then it might be a good idea to mention it to the buyer before he/she makes payment, so they can decide if they want to risk it … ps. i’d be interested to know of the 100 games u mail out, if all of them arrive at their destination — and finally of course, here’s hoping they all find their way safely to their new homes… 🙂

hcmffm
    Spectator

Your above text and thoughts sound good to me. Instead of offering all the “material” to make his/her own production of Vectorblade, I’d like to suggest a different way for offering unlimited copies of your Vectorblade:

David Flemming (Packrat Video Games) is a really nice guy. As you probably know, David took over the “business” of John Dondzila (ClassicGameCreations), the famous Vectrex programmer and supporter. David sells game for a fair amount of money and FAIK he keeps looking for opportunities to enhance his little business and sell even a larger variety of games. Selling your Vectorblade via David might be a win-win situation, i.e. you would make your Vectorblade available to an broader or even unlimited audience (and not just 100 copies), on the other side David would have another good game in his portfolio of games. If you also think that this is a good idea, you might contact David yourself or I can do this myself. I’m in loose contact with David for years now (e.g. because of the Vector War) and he does really a great job and deserves support.

Please note that games offered by Packrat Video Games seem to be limited to games in plastic boxes. But this is not a must.

David’s website is: http://www.packratvideogames.com
    David’s mail address is: ozyr@packratvg.com

vtk, Jerome, Peer, Nico, GeoAnas: Do you know Packrat Video Games. If yes you might also post your opinion in some short words and support this suggestion.

EDIT: I just realized that your (Chris’) games Release! and Karl Quappe are offered by Packrat Video Games, already. So you know and have a deal with David, already. Perhaps time for another “deal”. 😉

vtk
    Spectator

hcmffm: yes i know of them and they are a good reliable respected company as far as i know

im thinking Malban might only consider that after the initial 100 copies are sold, as first things first perhaps he just wants to makes sure his initial costs of this big long running project are covered.. 🙂

Malban
    Keymaster

I know David  – he also sells Release/Karl Quappe – I have been in contact with him before.

He is welcome to sell Vectorblade – after all, it will be public domain, and everybody can do with it what ever they want.
    However – I guess he is not “SOO” interested, since Vectorblade needs a different PCB than the standard games, and as of now he usually uses standard PCBs.

Also – the 100 copies I am talking about are more or less finished and I will not hand them over … so … the “initial release” is still on :-).

hcmffm
    Spectator

Thank you, Chris, for your prompt reply. There’s some misunderstanding: I didn’t mean your run of 100 copies – this fun belongs to you. 😉 I mean the unlimited run of copies which could be published by Packrat Video Games, only.

@vtk
    : Thank you for your opinion regarding David and Packrat Video games!

Jerome Vince
    Spectator

@hcmffm:  (my own experience:) I confirm what vtk said about Packrat Video Games: it is a reliable company.

Peer
    Spectator

Hi guys,

just wanted to let you know that I am still with you. Just once again too many things happening at once over here. I am reading the posts, and I am also playing. I did not find any bugs or anything worth mentioning. I just played and enjoyed the game. Which actually is worth mentioning! 🙂

Yes, David from Packrat is a nice and reliable person. After all, he also did the physical release of Vec-Man 😉

But as far as I know Packrat does standard PCBs. At one point they planned a compilation release of some classroom games, but they seemed to have a bit trouble bringing everything on one cartridge, so the whole thing was put on hold.

Actually I think it is perfectly fine that there will be just 100 official Vectorblade cartridges. Just 100? I think 100 is quite a lot, and since all material will be public domain, I think this is indeed more than fair.

Cheers,
    Peer

Malban
    Keymaster

FYI

I am starting a “builder” page…
    It is still unfinished… but I’ll work on it on/off the next days..

building Vectorblade

Cheers  Chris

Peer
    Spectator

I am starting a “builder” page…

… cool! Thanks, that is very helpful and interesting!

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 523 total)
  • The forum ‘Vectorblade beta test’ is closed to new topics and replies.