[Idea] "Times up, soon" indicator

Home Forums Vectorblade beta test Solved [Idea] "Times up, soon" indicator

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hcmffm
    Spectator

I’m not 100% sure but from what I understand you have a specific time per level. If time’s up, the medium bosses appear.

“Times up, soon” indicator
    Currently, you cannot tell whether time is up soon or not.
    Suggestion: There could be some indication (short sound, graphic bar, …) that time is up, soon, e.g. 30 seconds before there could be a signal and then every <x> seconds till the medium boss(es) appears.

Note: Perhaps such an indicator exists, already, and I just didn’t realize.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by hcmffm.
    Malban
    Keymaster

“medium boss”!
    Hehe the UFO that appears is now pretty proud to be called boss (chest swelling).

The UFO “feature” starts at level 5 (I think) and from than on there is a timing.
    Thing is
    a) The timing is always the same (so no real surprise there)
    b) It appears in a decreasing timeframe, so each next UFO you get will appear sooner – also no surprise

The other “super aliens” appear at random – so there is no warning whatsoever.

The least “cycle” intensive would be a warning jingle…

That is no problem to implement – but keeping the above said in mind – do you really think it would add much?

Thoughts?

hcmffm
    Spectator

Thanks for this explanation, Malban. I thought the time bonus has something to do with the bosses, but this seems not to be the case. What is the time bonus for?

Malban
    Keymaster

There are time based bonuses:

• shield
    • scoop
    • multiplier

Each “Time Bonus” adds 5 seconds, each death reduces by 5 seconds.

If later in the game you have the timer up to a minute or two – a shield can give a carte blanche – for 1-2 levels!

hcmffm
    Spectator

Ah, I didn’t know. How do new players know about this? (Perhaps something for the paper manual?)

If later in the game you have the timer up to a minute or two – a shield can give a carte blanche – for 1-2 levels!

That sounds attractive. I’ll look out for time bonus more – that’s for sure. 😉

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by hcmffm.
    hcmffm
    Spectator

@Malban: Please move this one to “Resolved”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Solved’ is closed to new topics and replies.