Nico testing notes / findings / suggestions etc

Home Forums Vectorblade beta test Nico testing notes / findings / suggestions etc

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    nic_lobo
    Spectator

will look out for this, but I have no idea how. I’ve been in the minestorm several times after that, but everything o.k. Also had a score multiplicator. Perhaps I had 2 enemy ships attached as this happened.

Not a bug, but today I had warp failiure 3 times in a row, lucky they were only single enemy.

The last time I’ve played there was no shop menu after lv5 (perhaps I was still hammering on joypad and skipped it somehow)

nic_lobo
    Spectator

beta 18

game crashed after going into the pause menu, then into the help menu, back to pause – then back to game. Screen showed “game over” (I had 3 lives at this time) and freezed.

Icould reproduce the crash in level 2 (not in lv1). This time the screen went black with a continous sound.

Malban
    Keymaster

Confirmed… gee… I guess I have a debugging session ahead of me :-).

Malban
    Keymaster

Hm… I wonder why it EVER worked inside the game loop (pause mode that is) – the help destroys half the game setup :-).

Will be fixed!

As for now – don’t use help in the pause menu…

nic_lobo
    Spectator

sound distorted in achievements or highscore menu if going to the help menu and then going back. Not everytime, but reproducable. When going back to the desktop sound is normal again.

After going into the the menus from desktop, then in the help menu and back several times the game crashed when I was trying to enter the highsore menu from the desktop.

Malban
    Keymaster

Thx, but don’t test the “help” until the next beta any more.
    There is a bug and it will be fixed (actually is already). Any other crashes you might find are proably related.

Sound – yes the sound might be distorted – I can’t really help that.

When I enter the help, I switch off all sound – otherwise one would here the last played tone constantly. After the help the sounds resumes where it left of. But all sound routines (BIOS and mine…) are programmed such that only the known “differences” from the last played sound are updated.

Since some registered were “forced” to 0 (null) by telling it to be quiet – the playing song/noise things the register contains still the old value, and will only ever “correct” the value when it thinks it changed.

Only thing I could do – is to start the music all over again, when exiting the help – would that be better?

nic_lobo
    Spectator

o.k. no help testing till the next beta

Only thing I could do – is to start the music all over again, when exiting the help – would that be better?

shure, much better than distorted sound.

nic_lobo
    Spectator

Also experienced distorted sound once now when I returned from the “info” screen (the screen that is loaded when pressing a button without direction at desktop) back to the desktop

Malban
    Keymaster

Also the same πŸ™‚

hcmffm
    Spectator

I can probably light him a bit more – but that will not make it any easier – only more obvious πŸ™‚

I’d also say that it’s a bit hard to see that the boss is hit. A more obvious blinking would be good.

vtk
    Spectator

I’d also say that it’s a bit hard to see that the boss is hit. A more obvious blinking would be good.

i notice that also on the first boss, when you hit him he doesnt flash much to show the hit,
    Chris maybe when the boss is hit, if you make him black (disappear) just for a very quick moment, that will help to create a very noticeable flash effect

Malban
    Keymaster

Beta 19/20 lights more… still not enough?

The lighting went up from $5f to $7f – if that is not enough I have to increase the “lightning” timer…

nic_lobo
    Spectator

still on beta 22 (will update today, but I love my shield and double shot at the beginning I’ve got from the achievements)
    Getting further now (level 34) and experienced diamond storm, the giant diamond, money sucker … there is so much in this game!

Concerning the game balance, the kamikaze levels 28 and 34 are quite more difficult than the levels around if not having multiple shots and/or autofire.

I know, that the shop is not finished yet. I noticed if you try to buy something that you have already/are maxed there is no sound, exept life and autofire. If clicking on these you hear the “buy” sound even if the item is not bought.

When returning to the beginning after a game, you get directly to the desktop. As I really like the title screen It would be nice to get there first.

On the desktop screen you begin with greetings, which is kind, but it would be more informative to show the different bonus items first.
    I’d love to see a really short introduction text, like “Captain V. Tiberius Rex – you are the last hope to rescue the galaxy from the Alien invasion….” on this screen.
    Edit: It’s credits first.
    My suggestion would be Credits, eventually intro text, then the bonus items and greetings at the end.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by nic_lobo.
    nic_lobo
    Spectator

beta 24 got to Level 45 … Yeahh πŸ™‚

when you get to minestorm in e.g. Lv.5 or 10 you skip the shop, cause automatically transported to the next level.
    Think it would be nice to go to the shop after the Minestorm.

Malban
    Keymaster

Minestorms can be used to skip levels – if luck has it right – you can skip even boss levels.

The shop is integral part of the level played before. If you skip the end of the level – you skip the shop.

But most of the time you are able to chose for youself, which route you’d like to take…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The forum ‘Vectorblade beta test’ is closed to new topics and replies.