The Shop – styling?

Home Forums Vectorblade beta test The Shop – styling?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Malban
    Keymaster

Boss Level is there… shop not – you are right.

But a shop is not a “level” – so there is no “level” transition…

Peer
    Spectator

Sorry, to clarify, I meant some sort of textual information while progressing from one stage/phase of the game to the next stage/phase.

For the levels, this is the “Level <number>” information. For the bosses, there is the graphical animation (which could still be preceeded by some text “Boss Alert!”, but that is something which I personally do not need). For the shop, something like “Entering Shop” would make it perfectly clear what comes next. Such things would add to a uniform appearance of the complete story of the game. But, just ideas…

Malban
    Keymaster

That what I ment – the Boss level is preceeded by a “BOSS LEVEL” message!

Peer
    Spectator

Argh, yes, you are right of course. Sorry, I have not yet gotten to the queen that often, shame on me. I simply remembered that incorrectly. Only thing I recalled was the animation of the queen and the ship coming in.

hcmffm
    Spectator

One wants to get rid of text, and the other wants to put a big sign “SHOP” on the shop… to know its a SHOP :-)…

Yes, many ideas, many opinions, many thoughts, and we even change our minds. 😉

Perhaps the shop sign should say something like “WARES” or “GOODS” or …. This way the label/sign adds to the trader graphic plus it makes clear that the user is in a shop. EDIT: No sign/label at all might be also an option.

Peer
    Spectator

beta 24: small typo on 3rd help text screen of the shop: “avaialable” should be “available”

GeoAnas
    Spectator

Perhaps the shop sign should say something like “WARES” or “GOODS” or …. This way the label/sign adds to the trader graphic plus it makes clear that the user is in a shop.

I like this idea! Actually “The Shop” can get another name, perhaps after its owner name like: “Phinea’s Junk Yard” … or “Cando’s Upgrades” or “<i>…put the name of your choice…</i>” here 🙂

hcmffm
    Spectator

I’d like to continue the above shop/level discussion a bit. Currently, the surprising/irritating thing about the shop is that the shop appears right after you killed the last enemy. There isn’t even an explosion of the last enemy. So you might happen to kill all enemies with your many shots and all of a sudden the shop is displayed. (BTW, this is probably the reason why I didn’t realize that the shop isn’t triggered by a power-up or something but always shown at the end of every fifth level.)

Suggestion:
    A short pause after killing the last enemy and then displaying the shop might make things clearer and smoother. The shop might even appear at the end of the level as some kind of planet/asteroid/… but that would be probably a bit too much.

Malban
    Keymaster

Noted. Seems like a good idea.

I haven’t really started programming yet after the holiday. I always need some time to “settle down” and “get going” again. 🙂

So – updates to Vectorblade might still be few days in the future, but I keep collecting the issues on my personal todo list.
    (I have actually played a few games myself)

Did anyone ever test the VecVox version? Didn’t get any feedback whatsoever…

Malban

hcmffm
    Spectator

Noted. Seems like a good idea.

Cool.Let’s see how this works out.

So – updates to Vectorblade might still be few days in the future, but I keep collecting the issues on my personal todo list.

Good. In the past you’ve dealt with the issues very quickly and have provided new versions quite often. This is good and makes testing quite intense but it isn’t expected at all. A slower pace is also fine. 🙂

Did anyone ever test the VecVox version? Didn’t get any feedback whatsoever…

I’ll try out the VecVox version in the next couple of days and will report here.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Vectorblade beta test’ is closed to new topics and replies.