The Shop – styling?

Home Forums Vectorblade beta test The Shop – styling?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    nic_lobo
    Spectator

just my suggestion. If the others like it – shure. I prefer the mean one. Think the line between ear and head is not necessary

trader

funny, that it looks less mean with a black bg

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by nic_lobo.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Malban.
    GeoAnas
    Spectator

Hey nic_lobo , this l@@ks nice! 🙂

(…and you can also take his mouth totally off. He will still look mean and serious enough to have the job done 🙂 )

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by GeoAnas.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Malban.
    hcmffm
    Spectator

Nico’s draft with minor changes:

trader

(I’d like to do some more changes but I have to go to work. Maybe tonight…)

GeoAnas
    Spectator

…or… ? 😉

Peer
    Spectator

… or …

Sorry, couldn’t resist 😉

GeoAnas
    Spectator

HAHAHAHAAAAA! You’ve got me bro! 😀 😛

<slightly off topic>

…and this is a slide show for C64, I did ages ago 😉 … (I love classic horror movies!)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by GeoAnas.
    nic_lobo
    Spectator

I begin to dislike my 1st trader attempts. It’s quite difficult to make low vector pics. Sascha is always using a 20×20 grid for that. So I’ve also used this as a base.

this looks more like an alien trader 🙂
    Unbenannt

Unbenannt

hcmffm
    Spectator

this looks more like an alien trader 🙂

Indeed. It’s good that you’ve added the body; this way it looks like a trader behind his/her/its shop desk.

Before seeing your (Nico’s) latest draft I designed variations of your (Nico’s) original draft for a trader:

Various shop traders (draft)

nic_lobo
    Spectator

I really like #2 -#4. Reminds me of Predator.

no idea if it’s easier to add this to the game if using my raster. I’ve uploaded my Inkscape SVG here (tried to get close to your pics):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/179iHree-5UVvCf8qD8sRYJSWn-tFcCZg/view?usp=sharing

Malban
    Keymaster

I tried the black ones -> to many vectors. The last one from Nic works good though…

Will be in the next beta.

nic_lobo
    Spectator

google drive svg updated – bigger grid now
    Unbenannt

nic_lobo
    Spectator

hi malban, sorry did not see your last post – so the last one will be too many vectors as well

nic_lobo
    Spectator

no idea what costs more – store as text or a store “sign” in vector.
    Perhaps it helps if the trader gets less vectors (looking more like a robot then):
    Unbenannt-2
    edit: realized that the spacing between S and H is too small … it’s only a draft 🙂

Malban
    Keymaster

ROFL

You beta testers as a bunch are killing me :-).

One wants help text, the other wants to figure out stuff.

One wants to get rid of text, and the other wants to put a big sign “SHOP” on the shop… to know its a SHOP :-)…

But…

As said right in the beginning… keep it coming …  but don’t be mad if I don’t do everything…

Peer
    Spectator

You beta testers as a bunch are killing me :-).

One wants help text, the other wants to figure out stuff.

Easy solution: During initial calibration, let the user choose whether they want help text or want to figure out things!

Ok, just kidding… 😉

One wants to get rid of text, and the other wants to put a big sign “SHOP” on the shop… to know its a SHOP :-)…

Well, there is something to be concluded from his. If there is a sign “SHOP”, then there is no need for a help text saying “You are now in the shop”, and vice versa. If there is some transition between the end of a level and the shop, saying “Entering Shop”, then there is no need for either a help text or a “SHOP” sign.

This brings up another idea. Each level begins with a short intro, the morphing letters “Level <number>”. The game would have a consistent and unique look, if such a thing would be done for all transistions between stages, i.e. “Entering Shop”, “Boss Level!”, “Mine Storm”, “Major Havoc” (right now, there is no such thing for shop and bosses, and the havoc intro looks completely different). Note, those are just ideas 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Vectorblade beta test’ is closed to new topics and replies.