Welcome to Vectorblade beta test!

Home Forums Vectorblade beta test Welcome to Vectorblade beta test!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Malban
    Keymaster

I will release new Vectorblade binaries on this forum.

If you have a “beta-test” pcb, please update your Vectorblade to the most current version.
    If you report bugs or add suggestions, please always also post the version your comment applies to.

Thx Malban

GeoAnas
    Spectator

Feels great being a member of the team! Nice to join U here! Time to catch up with all the posts now 😉

Malban
    Keymaster

Hi guys,

some random thoughts.

a) as of now we are 8 people.
    Me***
    VTK**
    George*
    Nic
    Sean*
    Peer*
    Eric
    Barry*
    4 of you are “signed” in and have moderation rights to this forum.
    As of now (16th May) only vtk has gotten the beta version. 4 Other packages are on the way – and towmorrow the next 2 will be posted.

b)
    I would like to communicate with you over this board. Please all things Vectorblade beta – put on this board!
    I plan to be fairly open with everything vectorblade – so perhaps others get encouraged/learn from what we do.

This also means – all of this is NOT secret – the forum can be read by everyone, even the binaries can be downloaded (and played with Vide, or the correct VecFever setup – no don’t ask me, ask Thomas if you wanna know). There is no NDA whatsoever. If you want to post about this stuff someplace else – you are welcome, the more the merrier (although I won’t be making (many) more beta cards).

c)
    There is a sticky topic on this forum, where I will post binaries. All of you should sooner or later be able to burn vectorblade to your beta pcbs.

Everytime you burn a new version – every data is erased – and you must start fresh.

If you would like special compiles (with cheats, of various kinds) please ask – I can provide them.
    If you want to build a specific “cheat” or feature version (start at level xxx, be invincible, no bugs, very often huge enemies etc…) – ask also, I can give you the sources of vectorblade and some instructions. With Vide you can VERY EASILY build your own versions (gee – it helps if you did your own IDE…).

On the Vectorblade “beta” page all possible achievements and secrets are listed – if you want to be spoiled.

I’m not sure how much I can work on Vectorblade the next days – this weekend I have to work… so as usual sometimes heaps of progress will be made – and sometimes things will slow down to a crawl – that is the way it is…

d)
    VTK asked about how long will this beta phase last?
    Actually I have no plan… When its done – its done.

If you lose interest, if it takes to long or you just don’t have the time… than take a break, this is not a sprint its a marathon :-).
    Since I still plan to release 100 games including packaging, overlay, instructions and all that … and we know overlays can take months (many months) to make – it might well be, that the finaly is some time next year.
    (And the knowledge that the oberlays are not finished yet either – but look beautifull – Jacek is doing a wonderfull job…)

Cheers!

Malban

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Malban.
    Peer
    Spectator

Hi, I am in. Great to be on the team! The PCB as well as the ram programmer I ordered on Amazon both arrived yesterday. Did my first Vectorblade experiments yesterday evening and this morning. Will post more on this later.

Cheers,
    Peer

vtk
    Spectator

hi Peer, i hope it all goes well with the rom programmer, i’m sure it will 🙂

hcmffm
    Spectator

Hello all!

Christopher positively surprised me with a parcel and the Vector Blade ROM in it. I’m glad to be one of the Vector Blade beta testers and hope that my input is of some value.

Cheers,

Helmut

Malban
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have updated the Forum software, now you should all see an “Add Media” button.
    This should make it easier to upload images or short video clips if needed.

Also within the editing you can switch the input style between “Visual” and “Text”.

Regards

Malban

Hurray Banana
    Spectator

Just signed up, will test tomorrow, also need to drag out the Vectri and do the VIA testing

vtk
    Spectator

hi Eric glad to see u got on team proto 🙂

nic_lobo
    Spectator

forgot to say hi…. Hi to all 😉 Already love this challenging game and am very happy have the honor to test.

Malban
    Keymaster

Hi there :-)!

vtk
    Spectator

greets nic 🙂

GeoAnas
    Spectator

Greets to all! 🙂

Malban
    Keymaster

Welcome!

Happy Vectorblading…

nic_lobo
    Spectator

Hi to Greece 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘Vectorblade beta test’ is closed to new topics and replies.