Doing different things all at the same time.
Well not totally different things – but enough to get scrambled around.
Mostly Vectorblade related though:
- change memory management, since I need more memory in bank 3 and bank 2
- change all vector drawing routines so that vb runs well on ALL (not only 95% of) Vectrex which results in all routines getting slower (see last posting)
- change all drawing routines to take the T1 offset into account (see last posting), also making it slower
- change ALL (nearly all) sprites to compensate the size (which also gives me the opportuny to clean up)
- rewrite VIDE to compensate the faults and be able to generate different sets of SM lists
- rewrite vector routines with new optimizations – which makes them about as fast as befor (phuu!)
- had an idea to make shots faster – saving on a full 4-shot screen about 1300 cycles… but that also needs rewriting of ALL shots
- in between I thought the tile engine needed also sprites, not just tiles… I’m in the middle of adding sprites…
- also I had an idea to also use smartlists in the tile engine – enhanced the tile engine thus…
- got some artwork from Jacek, adding (again) another title screen, also some boss intros might be coming.
- For that I have been writing “special” SM routines, which incorporate brightness information, so that short/long vectors do not differ so much. Dunno if I use them though…
- still working on the “desk” on the “title”
- started “end of game” accounting – which gives additional points depending on what you did accomplish during the game
- implemented most of the rank system
While you do not actually see anything – I have been very busy – internally.
Beautifull drawing done by Jacek!