General

Home Forums Vectorblade beta test General

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Malban
    Keymaster

Hi,

just to inform you of my next steps.

a) this weeking (15th + 16th June 2019) is the Revival event in Burmingham, which I intend to visit – no Vectorblade programming than.

b) From the 19th to about the start of Juli I’ll be on a small holiday – no Vectorblade programming either!

That doesn’t mean we can’t collect suggestions and other things in the forum though.

Cheers Malban

Peer
    Spectator

Have a nice trip, and enjoy your vacation!

Malban
    Keymaster

Also:

I have still not decided which route to take (Major Havoc or not) – seems you as a group are also undecided (yeah!).
    I’ll upload a new beta tonight (probably 15h or so from now), that will at least fix the Minestorm thingy.

Last night I tried something, that has been itching me for quite some time now…
    The original Warblade had speech output during the whole game. Yesterday I partially implemented that, using VecVox.

Does anyone of you have a VecVox device? It works well, although building actuall words that one can more or less well understand took me ages (even using Vide).

While it works – and is “nice” – for me it somehow does not feel completely right, having the general sound coming from the vectrex and the speech from some other device, it doesn’t really feel like the speech and vectorblade belong together.

Do any of you guys have a VecVox and care to try?
    At the moment (although I invested quite a bit of time) – I more or less feel like I would like to cancle that …

Malban

Peer
    Spectator

Have one and care to try 🙂

hcmffm
    Spectator

I wish you (Malban) a nice trip to the Revival Event in Britain.

Do any of you guys have a VecVox and care to try?

I can give it a try. I’ve got an AtariVox which is supposed to be compatible with the VecVox. Personally, I don’t like hardware add-ons much unless they are included in the cartridge (like the VecFever or Vectrex32 cartridge). So I wouldn’t mind if you gave up speech synthesis.

nic_lobo
    Spectator

have a nice trip!
    I also own a VecVox, could try also (I’ve not been using this thing for years).

GeoAnas
    Spectator

Have a nice trip!

I also own a VecVox so I am always available to test new (cool) features!

Malban
    Keymaster

FYI:

Peer
    Spectator

Great video! Now that I watched it, I realized that I forgot to mention one of my notes from testing: after completing the very first calibration (right after burning the rom), the game goes directly to the desktop. No Vectorblade/ship animation plus title music. Is this intentional?

hcmffm
    Spectator

The above video showing Vectorblade and the original Warblade is a good idea and surprising to see.

At some stage I mentioned that Vectorblade is a bit like a lottery game to me. Not sure how other people feel and think but in the meantime this lottery game became quite addictive to me because you keep thinking “Just one more game, next time I’ll do better and will have more luck!”.

Christopher, would you mind unlocking the forum “Solved”? There is at least one topic which I’d like to reopen or add a comment.

Malban
    Keymaster

I think I unlocked it. Not really too familiar with the bbs plugin yet.

Does it work?

hcmffm
    Spectator

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I think I unlocked it. Not really too familiar with the bbs plugin yet.

Does it work?

Thank you for unlocking. Yes, it does work. But the admin of the forum doesn’t look into the folder “Solved” too often. 😉 Perhaps the appropriate topic could be moved back?

Malban
    Keymaster

Hi,

just a few lines of whats going on :-).

I have written down the last feedback of you all on my todo list… which actually isn’t all that long anymore (except the major havoc thingy, which dangles over my head like damocles sword…).

• I haven’t heard anything about the overlay – so there is still much, much time left.
    • I have all PCBs and PCB related hardware here to build 100 cards
    • I ordered cartridge shells from Sean Kelly
    • I have ordered inlays, box protectors and overlay protectors
    • Jasec made “final” suggestions to the boss animations, which I must still implement
    • Jasec has still on his todo list the box, which when finalized, I will probably give to Chris Parsons (along with cartridge sticker design) and we make this a EU or a EU+Brexit project… 🙂
    • I still have to do the instruction booklet – which probably will be more “work” than fun …

So – there is still much on the list, but very many things have already been taken care of.

Currently (the last week or so) I haven’t really done anything on Vectorblade. But that is not neccessarily a bad thing – I have to load up the VB batteries so I can start freshly motivated :-).

My current vectrex time is mainly spent playing around with the PiTrex Project
    (see: http://vectorgaming.proboards.com/thread/2003/working-on-tailgunner-again?page=10) which is at the moment a very rewarding experience – since we have made great progress in the last days.

Cheers

Malban

vtk
    Spectator

if you need help with the instruction booklet let me know (i can check the grammar and so on)

Malban
    Keymaster

and another few lines

I have written down all current stuff (as said before) and it will be addressed.

Right now I am still in a Vectorblade “pause”, and I expect it will be perhaps even some weeks before I actively return.

On the whole timeframe this is of no concern, since the printer didn’t even look at the overlay images yet – nor have I received any box artwork design yet.

Once I start implementing the fixes/features I will post here in the forum. I expect all of you to “follow” the threads – so you will be notified when we continue. The beta testers who have as yet not registered on the forum – well … how do I put the gently? – Ah well – than not gently – do not need to register anymore. Actually I turned of registering – so there will be no more accounts.

In the meantime you are more than welcome to keep playing and posting large or small concerns about the game. I will read and list them all, be assured of that.

I will however remove the public “Vectorblade – Beta Test” page from the menu and you will thus not any longer be able to access the forum via the VIDE blog pages.

Please keep a link to the forum – as it will still be active, but you will not be able to simply navigate to it.

Also all hints/secrets will than be gone. If you haven’t discovered/tested them by now – well than it probably is not too important anyhow. The general public seems also not to be too interested – as there are no comments whatsoever :-).

This may sound gloomy – but it is actually not. I am not mad or anything… but in the sense that sooner or later Vectorblade will be “public” the secrets should be exactly that… secret! And a first step is to be less “open”.

Malban

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Vectorblade beta test’ is closed to new topics and replies.