Highscore page (displaying current highscores)

Home Forums Vectorblade beta test Highscore page (displaying current highscores)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hcmffm
    Spectator

Beta 27:

Number of highscores
    Currently, four highscores are displayed, only.
    Suggestion: Display five or even 10 highscores.
    Notes:
    – 1, 3, 5, or 10 highscore entries feel “natural” to me. Four entries is somehow odd.
    – Displaying ten highscores would make the screen look too cramped and would require a complete redesign. So five highscores would be best, I think.

Malban
    Keymaster

Hehe.

Sorry  this “must” also stay as it is. I guess I’ll build a new trend than – 4 entries.

A bit of a history… Originally I wanted your suggested five entries.

I did not have enought time to display them in 50Hz (my display routines were to slow). Also I did have some RAM shortage at that time. So I implemented 4 High Scores.

Than … probably months later – I implemented better routines – and the speed problems were gone, I think also the RAM was organized more efficiently.

But I didn’t change the high scores, because something … hm … else.

Later in testing Ollie found the high score too “boring”… So I implemented the

• music
    • background stars
    • and the flying ships around the scores

All of which I like pretty much. But I kept adding stuff, till I hit the 50Hz barrier (again).

So… even if I wanted to – I couldn’t add an additional fifth high score entry, because the display as it is would not allow it.

Sooo  you see – I am totall innocent – my hands are tied…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Vectorblade beta test’ is closed to new topics and replies.