Some small notifications.
Vide 2.5 is out, look at the download page to download the version you need. More information in the last blog entries and/or in the changelog.
I made a short “after work” trip to Thomas to pick up a “special” Vectrex for tests. (see: Vectrex variances)
I tested and modified Vectorblade – it runs flawlessly now, even on the cranky Vectrex. (Shongololo must be updated though. If anyone working on/with it – give me call)
Added more Help
Added two new pages to “Help”, as pointers for beginners:
One of the things I intend to do next – is to finish Vectorblade. I know there will always be things in the way – but I’ll keep coming back, promised!
Things I did the last couple of days:
- as said above, made VB more compatible (only in game for now)
- added two additional “bonus drops” “C” and “P” (hehehe)
- collected my thoughts and wrote them down
- yesterday I played a HUGE game, starting at level one, going up from easy, normal, hard, impossible, … (played about 420 levels). That showed me, that at some points I still must tweak the game to have a more linear progression, not one “hurdle” and than it gets to easy
- also in that game, I advanced thru all stages of ranks – must get more ranks
- also in that game I had a highscore roll over. Dunno what I will do about that though. The final difficulty should be aimed at players not playing 500 levels in a row…
Last thing I did was to write a diary of V. Tiberius Rex:
Please tell me if that is ok – or whether I should change things (remember English is not my native language).